I have heard that planting marigolds in your garden will keep deer away. I tried it. The deer ate my marigolds.
Bananas do not grow on trees, they grow on big herb plants.
The world’s largest seeds weigh as much as 40 pounds each and although they look like coconuts, they are up to three times larger. They are from a rare type of palm tree.
The world’s largest flower is also one of the worst smelling flowers. Rafflesia Arnoldii is often over 3 feet wide and its petals are almost an inch thick. You wouldn’t want it in your garden, however, because it smells like a rotting animal. The flower is attempting to attract flies for pollination.
Rafflesia Arnoldi, public domain via Wikimedia Commons
From all our exposure to unnecessary penicillin through medication as well as through treatment of cattle and pork, life-threatening bacteria have grown resistant to our number-one line of defense. In 1960, 13 percent of staphylococci infections were resistant to penicillin. Now, 91 percent are resistant to penicillin.
Many garden plants have more DNA in each of their cells than we do in ours.
It seems amazing that the little-tiny chains of DNA in each cell of your body contain the complete blueprints for your whole self. Even more amazing, scientists have determined that only 1 percent of that DNA seems to contain all the information for building, repair, fighting diseases and so on, and the other 99 percent has no known function!
If you occasionally water your plants with Club Soda, they will increase in color and vitality.